What's your dream? Let's make it happen!


Why a wedding officiant who offers concierge services?


Perfect for couples who have a Bohemian or independent streak and want a celebration that reflects their unique style. My services are designed for DIY people who want to plan their own wedding, but need an officiant and help with the details. 

Concierge Service includes Planning Resources that will be available to help you create a wonderful wedding adventure. Includes access to ongoing Q&A with Paul.

Create your special day with a one-of-a-kind ceremony performed in the location that is perfect for the two of you. It's an honor to be involved in your marriage and I truly love helping people create the perfect experience for their special day.

See the reviews & Gallery

Where do we find our perfect spot?


Perfect spots have a way of finding you. Trust your hearts.

 Humboldt and Del Norte Counties together contain Redwood National and California State Parks spread the length of a 175 mile long scenic corridor. Towering giants and rugged, pristine Pacific coastline.

There  are so many beautiful locations among the majestic and beautiful  Redwoods. Or on one of the many beaches with their wonderful views. Or on one of the 7 wild rivers here on the north coast. 

You'll be able to find the perfect spot for your wedding.

Some  of my wedding officiant favorites include the Rockefeller Forest in Humboldt RSP (Redwoods State Park), the old growth groves near the Visitor  Center at Prairie Creek RSP, and much of the main areas of Jedediah Smith RSP.

How do we get a marriage license in California?


1) Go together with your ID to any County Clerk/Recorder in California. Get the Marriage License and also the Application for the Marriage Certificate.

2) Bring the license on your wedding day.  Present to the Officiant before the ceremony.

3)  Have one (1) official Witnesses, not more than two (2). No witness is required with a Confidential Marriage License. 

4) After the ceremony the Witness(es) & Officiant sign the License. 

5) The Officiant returns the completed license within 10 business days.

6) After your marriage is recorded, you can order your Marriage Certificate from the County Clerk/Recorder in the County in which you got your Marriage License. It'll make life easier if you GET THIS PAPERWORK WHEN YOU GET THE LICENSE. Just sayin', not yellin'. 

Will we need a permit in a State or National Park?


A permit may be required for the public park or land you want to use, please secure the permit in enough time for your ceremony. Contact the individual City, County, State or National Park directly.

Can you tell us about travel?


Local Airports 

Airports on the Redwood Coast: Arcata/Eureka (airport code is  ACV) in Humboldt County

Crescent City (CEC) in Del Norte County.

Airports in the Region


San Francisco SFO, Oakland OAK & Portland PDX - 6 hours,  

Sacramento SAC - 5 hours,  

Santa Rosa STS & Medford MFR - 4 hours 

Greyhound or Amtrak 

buses serve Humboldt and Del Norte Counties from the Bay Area or Portland. With stops throughout the region. Rental cars or taxi and independent car services are also available after you arrive.

What are the lodging options in the area?


In addition to lodging in hotels, cabins and vacation rentals, there are a number of BnBs & Air BnB's in the area. This covers Humboldt County from  from Klamath to Garberville, with Trinidad, Arcata. There are also fun options like glamping in a yurt at any one of a variety of locations. Crescent City and Del Norte County have a  number of great properties as well. Hotels, cabins, vacation rentals, BnBs & Air BnB's and more.

Best in the U.S. 2018

Lonely Planet’s travel experts have scoured the United States to bring you the top 10 underrated, rejuvenated and out-of-this-world spots to visit in 2018. 

The Redwood Coast is honored to be the #1 destination for 2018.

Privacy Policy

I don't track or share the information you supply on this website. If you provide a phone number or email address, I may use this to contact you about the services that I offer in relation to the reasons for which you engaged me. 

After you have engaged my services:

With your permission, I may use your public photographic images for marketing purposes. Also with your permission, I may include non-sensitive aspects of your general story as narrative with those images. For example: An Instagram posting of the two of you on your special day with narrative that gives an overview of your wedding adventure. That's it.